Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
NickPeelman

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 136
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello guys
It's been a while since I've last posted here, but I finished my last exam yesterday and I'm back in the game (development?)!
I wanted to continue my last post (Virus removes game) But my External HDD crashed and I didn't back it up. So I'm starting something different!

PS: Anyone also using Unity 4.6 beta? I do and it's freaking awesome!!

Gameplay:

Joystick to walk/attack button. You're spawned in an arena along with monsters, and your goal is to defeat them, and a final boss. You can also pick up different weapons.

User:

Untitled-150x150.png 
As an indie developer I can't spend to much time on modelling and texturing, so I downloaded this free model (with animations) from the asset store. Link here.

Monster list:

Spider(free on asset store here)
Big ugly thing(free on asset store here)

Why spend days creating something when it's free? Really thanks to the uploaders!

First arena:

I downloaded this free model somewhere, retextured it and baked some ambient occlusion and global illumination textures & shadows for realistic and beautiful looks. Might want to change the terrain shape since it looks kind of unrealistic.
Untitled2.png 


+- 60FPS (project quality: Fantastic) on Acer liquid S1

In-game first looks:

*Dat swipe [wink]*
Untitled.png 

Moar coming soon!


__________________
My latest game: Space Escape for Android! Feel free to check it out! 
0
NKY-Games

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 208
Reply with quote  #2 
frickin - A! Looking real good! Love the castle! Keep up th egood work!
__________________
Come visit me at @ http://www.nkygames.com
0
NickPeelman

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 136
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKY-Games
frickin - A! Looking real good! Love the castle! Keep up th egood work!


Thanks! school starts in 2 weeks so I've got plenty of time to finish this app. I just might be worried I'd have to spend too much time animating attacks (since one attack style is going to be boring) and finding other animated monster models. Might wanna spend a few bucks in the asset store and buy a package [smile]

Edit: Just finished the slice attacks, they look awesome [biggrin]

Monsters might looks weird somehow the tranform.forward got rotated 180 degrees. [frown]
Untitled.png


Untitled.png 

__________________
My latest game: Space Escape for Android! Feel free to check it out! 
0
Tillrobby

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 5
Reply with quote  #4 
Wow this looks great, definitely keep developing it, it has potential
0
NickPeelman

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 136
Reply with quote  #5 
Loot system to be added

Untitled.png 
Currently working on Inventory UI, scripts and stuff [smile]


__________________
My latest game: Space Escape for Android! Feel free to check it out! 
0
adachsoft

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 29
Reply with quote  #6 
This is a awesome game, great graphics !!!
__________________
[AssaultFighterVS]  [Adamants]  [abb3_2_1]  My website: http://adachsoft.com
0
NickPeelman

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 136
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adachsoft
This is a awesome game, great graphics !!!


Thanks ! Love the support [smile] but too bad I haven't got much time to spend on it :/ final year of college and got overloaded with projects! But ill try to promise a new updade by the end of the week [smile]

__________________
My latest game: Space Escape for Android! Feel free to check it out! 
0
Martin

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 2,230
Reply with quote  #8 
Hey Nick, impressive stuff, really man. I can't believe you are still in college too and doing some cool work like this. I think I'll have to offer you a job at some point, so keep in touch [wink]

Keep us updated on the progress man. Cool catching up with you again.

Chat soon
Martin
0
NickPeelman

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 136
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin
Hey Nick, impressive stuff, really man. I can't believe you are still in college too and doing some cool work like this. I think I'll have to offer you a job at some point, so keep in touch [wink]

Keep us updated on the progress man. Cool catching up with you again.

Chat soon
Martin


Hey Martin, good morning from Belgium!

And hell yes. That would be my dream! :')

__________________
My latest game: Space Escape for Android! Feel free to check it out! 
0
Martin

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 2,230
Reply with quote  #10 
@Nick - awesome [smile]
I am planning to hire some more developers in this coming weeks so it'll be good to discuss. But I can't pay good western salaries at the moment unfortunately. Though we do include a 5% bonus system for developers based on the games they develop. You're still in college for a while though yeah?

Martin
0
NickPeelman

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 136
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin
@Nick - awesome [smile]
I am planning to hire some more developers in this coming weeks so it'll be good to discuss. But I can't pay good western salaries at the moment unfortunately. Though we do include a 5% bonus system for developers based on the games they develop. You're still in college for a while though yeah?

Martin

Hey Martin,

Yes I am, and after new years eve I have 5/7 days a week free for a year! And I don't really mind the money, I don't have mouths to feed, just a girlfriend. A 5% share looks pretty awesome too! Just contact me on nick.peelman@gmail.com if you have personal questions [smile]


Some more progress I did yesterday and today:

Hit splashes, final boss included and ready to be killed with a huge epxlosion [wink]Untitled.png




__________________
My latest game: Space Escape for Android! Feel free to check it out! 
0
Martin

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 2,230
Reply with quote  #12 
Hey Nick, nice update. The graphics are looking really good.
I just took a look at that dodge game on your google play account too, that looks very well polished.
Good to know about your time. I just have 2 mouths to feed, my wife and my puppy lol.

You are only building for android at the moment yeah? Not iOS or Windows phone?

Martin
0
NickPeelman

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 136
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin
Hey Nick, nice update. The graphics are looking really good.
I just took a look at that dodge game on your google play account too, that looks very well polished.
Good to know about your time. I just have 2 mouths to feed, my wife and my puppy lol.

You are only building for android at the moment yeah? Not iOS or Windows phone?

Martin



Hehe ye, dodge it was my first game release. I created it the evening I bought my developers account. It's kinda bugy tho, same as flappy bird 3D (which has the worst icon ever!).

Aside from that, not all of my projects are released, I think I have 10-20 projects I just didn't finish.

Ye I saw your pictures of your wife and puppy [smile] Nice family!

And unfortunately yes, I am only releasing for Android. I don't have a mac nor I have the license. And can't be bothered for windows atm.

__________________
My latest game: Space Escape for Android! Feel free to check it out! 
0
Martin

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 2,230
Reply with quote  #14 
thanks man, Louis (the puppy) is always keeping us busy, he's got a really outgoing personality.

Ok, it'll be good to catch up in a couple of weeks and talk about if you can work with us. I need to look at our revenue first and see if it makes sense to hire someone soon. I'll keep you updated.

Chat soon
Martin
0
NickPeelman

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 136
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin
thanks man, Louis (the puppy) is always keeping us busy, he's got a really outgoing personality.

Ok, it'll be good to catch up in a couple of weeks and talk about if you can work with us. I need to look at our revenue first and see if it makes sense to hire someone soon. I'll keep you updated.

Chat soon
Martin


Im happy to work for a small project free, for trial, so you guys dont waste money [smile] I just want to work on something people enjoy, but my own apps only reach 1500 people sadly !

__________________
My latest game: Space Escape for Android! Feel free to check it out! 
0
Martin

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 2,230
Reply with quote  #16 
hey Nick, how are you today. I hope things are well.

I'm thinking about hiring someone to work with us for a new project. We might already have the base project ready and I need someone to work with us to build the project up in to a full game. It would be a world building game like Japan Life or Simpsons Tapped Out. But I think the majority of the work would be creating the art assets such as buildings. 

Would you be interested in doing a few weeks paid work on this project? I can't hire full time / part time now but it may lead to a permanent position if things go well.

Are you able to do art work too? I've seen some of your games so I know you can. But can you do 2D isometric art work? For example in pixel art style? This could be your own work or perhaps if there's a good unity package on the asset store which has isometric building art that could be used too.

I'm not 100% sure if this project will go ahead just yet but I wanted to catch up with you to discuss it first.

Thanks
Chat soon
Martin
0
NickPeelman

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 136
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin
hey Nick, how are you today. I hope things are well.

I'm thinking about hiring someone to work with us for a new project. We might already have the base project ready and I need someone to work with us to build the project up in to a full game. It would be a world building game like Japan Life or Simpsons Tapped Out. But I think the majority of the work would be creating the art assets such as buildings. 

Would you be interested in doing a few weeks paid work on this project? I can't hire full time / part time now but it may lead to a permanent position if things go well.

Are you able to do art work too? I've seen some of your games so I know you can. But can you do 2D isometric art work? For example in pixel art style? This could be your own work or perhaps if there's a good unity package on the asset store which has isometric building art that could be used too.

I'm not 100% sure if this project will go ahead just yet but I wanted to catch up with you to discuss it first.

Thanks
Chat soon
Martin
Hey Martin, good morning! I'm fine thanks, how about you? Yes I can do art too, I'll make some today or this weekend so you know what you can expect [smile]
Ps: do you guys use tortoise svn or any other software to share projects? And do you work in a scrum based agile technique? We learned this on school to manage temporarly projects. Talk to you soon [smile]

Edit: I already made some art, where should I present this to you?

__________________
My latest game: Space Escape for Android! Feel free to check it out! 
0
Martin

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 2,230
Reply with quote  #18 
hey Nick, I'm doing well thanks. Had a few late nights working this week. So going to try and relax a little more this weekend.
Cool, you can send to my email martin@cobaltplay.com
No we just send projects by dropbox.com as they are quite small. Also it's just one developer working on the games so no need to collaborate using scrum / agile techniques. Those are generally for larger projects i believe.

I'll keep you updated on if the project will go ahead. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure if it will happen because I need to check the project first. 

Chat soon man
Martin
0
NickPeelman

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 136
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin
hey Nick, I'm doing well thanks. Had a few late nights working this week. So going to try and relax a little more this weekend.
Cool, you can send to my email martin@cobaltplay.com
No we just send projects by dropbox.com as they are quite small. Also it's just one developer working on the games so no need to collaborate using scrum / agile techniques. Those are generally for larger projects i believe.

I'll keep you updated on if the project will go ahead. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure if it will happen because I need to check the project first. 

Chat soon man
Martin


Good to hear, and yes indeed, agile is used for bigger projects.

I'll send my art right away to you [smile]

__________________
My latest game: Space Escape for Android! Feel free to check it out! 
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.