Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
rayleigh

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 169
Reply with quote  #1 
hi
I cant understand googleplay how they check it how fast they checking it??
I update 3 and one update with no ads NO ADS !!!
But googleplay thinking the fu** Robot think there is a *** AD so ban me !!
How ??
And support they dont answer they need more than 1month!!!
0
Hello World v.2

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 238
Reply with quote  #2 
This is what google writes about ads in thier policy:


Quote:
"App Promotion Apps published on Google Play may not directly or indirectly engage in or benefit from the following behaviour:

Promotion via deceptive ads on websites, apps or other properties, including simulated system, service or app notifications or alerts.
Promotion or install tactics which cause redirection to Google Play or the download of the app without informed user action.
Unsolicited promotion via SMS services.

It is your responsibility to ensure that no ad network or affiliate uses such methods to direct users to pages that make your app available for download."






So i think an ad looked like a button in your game or sth.

What AD-Network do you use ?
0
rayleigh

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 169
Reply with quote  #3 
I mean chartboost and applovin

0
Hello World v.2

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 238
Reply with quote  #4 
was this your first strike or did you got your 2 strikes before ?
0
Martin

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 2,230
Reply with quote  #5 
So sorry to hear about this, did they completely ban your account or just 1 game?
This is why i always worry about games on google play. The app stores have the power to completely cut off a business and stop its revenue immediately, in many cases this would be game over for a studio. For us we are trying to spread our risk by going to different app stores, and having different revenue streams.

I hope the problem gets fixed, google play support / appeal system is horrible.

Martin
0
Crichton333

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 273
Reply with quote  #6 
Hi, did you get an email from Google with the exact reason ?
__________________

"Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality

0
Hello World v.2

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 238
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crichton333
Hi, did you get an email from Google with the exact reason ?



Google normally takes months to answere an email, atleast thats what im reading everywere^^
0
Crichton333

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 273
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello World v.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crichton333
Hi, did you get an email from Google with the exact reason ?



Google normally takes months to answere an email, atleast thats what im reading everywere^^


I was just wondering why does he think he got banned because of Ads, or what
did he do wrong by implementing Ads.

Yea some say that they dont even answer at all [frown]

__________________

"Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality

0
rayleigh

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 169
Reply with quote  #9 
its fixed now .
Now they accept it i have updated it 6 times and the 7 time it accept ^^
What was the problem??
The problem was applovin looks like they dont like it when it show a video.
I change it to unity3d ads and no applovin [frown]
0
Martin

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 2,230
Reply with quote  #10 
Hi Rayleigh, glad the games have now uploaded ok [smile]
Thats strange about applovin ads though, we show video ads all the time in our games, even our new ones too. But we never received any problem from google. We only show applovin ads when the game starts though.

Martin
0
bestgamesstudios

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 535
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin
We only show applovin ads when the game starts though.

Martin


wait, I read somewhere that google now does not allow this (interstitial ads on start)

__________________
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Best+Games+Studios
Diary: http://www.howtomakemobilegames.com/post/best-games-studios-diary-7386298?pid=1288723175
0
Martin

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 2,230
Reply with quote  #12 
Really :s I'll have to check this out.
0
Martin

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 2,230
Reply with quote  #13 
I found this here:

Quote:

If your app uses ad walls to drive affiliate traffic, those ad walls must not force the user to click on ads or submit personal information for advertising purposes before using the app.

Forcing a user action in an ad wall is not only a poor user experience, it is a violation of Google Play policies.

For this reason, all ad walls must give the user the option to cancel or otherwise dismiss the ad without penalty. Interstitial ads may only be displayed inside of the app they came with. Forcing the user to click on ads or submit personal information for advertising purposes in order to fully use an app is prohibited.

 

It comes from this link:
https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/2986667?vid=1-635753159919901125-15001477635601999261

So it looks like it should be ok so long as the player can cancel the ads. For applovin the player can always cancel them but for some video ads they are forced to watch it before the cancel button appears. I don't know if this is an issue though.

Martin
0
Hello World v.2

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 238
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin
I found this here:

Quote:

If your app uses ad walls to drive affiliate traffic, those ad walls must not force the user to click on ads or submit personal information for advertising purposes before using the app.

Forcing a user action in an ad wall is not only a poor user experience, it is a violation of Google Play policies.

For this reason, all ad walls must give the user the option to cancel or otherwise dismiss the ad without penalty. Interstitial ads may only be displayed inside of the app they came with. Forcing the user to click on ads or submit personal information for advertising purposes in order to fully use an app is prohibited.

 

It comes from this link:
https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/2986667?vid=1-635753159919901125-15001477635601999261

So it looks like it should be ok so long as the player can cancel the ads. For applovin the player can always cancel them but for some video ads they are forced to watch it before the cancel button appears. I don't know if this is an issue though.

Martin






I'm the only one who thinks that the most chartboost video interstitials dont have an exit button until the video is over ?


Isnt this kinda against the policy too ?


Wich could mean that any app with chartboost video ads in it, is bannable if google really want it to be banned [redface]
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.